Email & Digital Marketing Intern
Reports to: Marketing Manager
About Our Company:
Patient Power LLC (website: patientpower.info) is an established health communications company that connects patients and family members to top medical experts, advocates, as well as to other patients and care partners. We are passionate about empowering patients to make more informed decisions about their own healthcare and fostering a supportive, global community.
The Email & Digital Marketing Intern will support the Marketing Manager with tasks that are required for digital marketing across all email and social channels. This internship opportunity is all about continued learning and hands-on experience with real client and internal work. Many of our interns eventually become full-time employees and in this role you will be responsible for learning how to deliver high-quality deliverables to address our business challenges and marketing objectives while receiving executive mentorship.
This is a part-time position with 15 to 20 hours per week in exchange for credit or hourly compensation depending on qualifications.
Key Marketing Responsibilities:
- Assist Marketing Manager with compiling event and health topic newsletters using approved content and Mailchimp templates
- Assist Marketing Manager with compiling and scheduling social media posts
- Create tracking links for campaigns where needed
- Assist Marketing Manager in gathering analytics for reporting using social media platforms and Google Analytics
- Update project worksheets with actuals to goals
- Assists Marketing Manager in recommending and creating strategic marketing tactics to drive measurable goals across campaigns and multiple platforms
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Well-developed written and spoken communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Self-starter, comfortable in a virtual team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- In-depth knowledge of social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Experience with email campaigns
- Experience with content marketing
- Proficiency with email marketing tools and systems (MailChimp, HubSpot)
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads (SEM)
- SEO experience
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Patient Engagement Specialist
Reports to: Patient Engagement Director
About Our Company:
Patient Power LLC is an established health communications company that connects patients and family members to top medical experts, advocates, as well as to other patients and care partners. This connection and education is designed to empower patients to make more informed decisions about their own healthcare and foster a supportive, global community.
The Patient Engagement team at Patient Power connects patients and care partners with pharmaceutical and clinical research companies seeking to better understand the cancer journey. The Patient Engagement Specialist personally connects with patients to learn more about their journey and life with cancer, and organizes/facilitates informal and formal conversations between these patients and organizations who request this engagement. This position requires a smart, energetic, compassionate, hard-working self-starter with exceptional verbal and written skills. In addition, it demands high attention to detail and customer service to assist in developing initiatives that will best engage, educate, and support patients.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Patient Engagement Director to engage and interview patients interested in sharing their story.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of a patient/care partner database.
- Identify, develop and foster relationships with key patient advocates/opinion leaders.
- Reach out to physicians/experts for patient recommendations within the therapeutic area.
- Organize travel and logistics for participants.
- Build relationships with the patient community – get to know all constituents of the therapeutic community of focus (patients, healthcare professionals, etc.). This includes development of relationships across other health information and support platforms.
- Consult and collaborate with internal team to ensure everyone is “on the same page”, assuring quality and delivery of their work for initiatives.
- Participate in client meeting as needed—both in person and on the phone.
- Travel to patient immersions
- Speak at patient immersions
- Moderate patient immersions
- You love and are passionate about helping people with their health care and find it rewarding.
- You love people and are interested in their stories.
- You are organized and adept at using Microsoft Excel.
- You like working hard and thrive on the excitement of a goal-oriented team.
- You are an independent, creative self-starter who loves running with things while keeping everyone inside and outside the company in the loop.
- You enjoy learning & are curious! You enjoy sharing what you learn with other team members.
- You are a problem-solver and enjoy coming up with a solution that will work for all involved.
- BS or BA in relevant area of focus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel
- Technically savvy and willing to learn
- Familiarity or willingness to work with new media publishing
- Highly-organized, demonstrating a high degree of initiative and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a virtual team
- Strong oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior management
- Excellent Communications Skills, both written and oral: The successful candidate’s communication style should be diplomatic and direct, but not confrontational. He or she must be able to articulate clear, strategic, tangible goals for the organization, negotiate where each party benefits, and can deliver an honest assessment of the level of achievement of those goals. The traits of an ambassador are highly desired.
- Accountability: He or she should be a self-motivated, results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds him or herself accountable for performance, and takes absolute ownership of the tasks at hand.
- Indomitable Work and Teamwork Ethic: The successful candidate will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until goals are achieved, both personally and from a team perspective. He or she will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex situations and have high energy, be aggressive, and be willing and able to travel.
- Intellectual Curiosity: He or she will have the deep-seated desire to expand existing relationships as well as cultivate new ones.
- Entrepreneurship, Sense of Urgency: The successful candidate will be “fast on his/her feet”, react to situations calmly, quickly and decisively, possess self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position, and not be afraid to make decisions.
- Image and Presence: The successful candidate will have had significant exposure to senior management and industry constituents in the healthcare field. As such, he or she must project the appropriate image for the company.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]